Spotlight On ... Gerrie Electric Wholesale Ltd.
Gerrie Electric is a proudly Canadian, family owned and operated business that ranks as one of the largest independent electrical distributors in the country. A core purpose of passionately helping customers succeed by delivering exceptional experiences and solutions continues to serve the company well and still motivates their growth after three generations. On understanding the importance and value of supporting local businesses and the communities in which they operate, Gerrie generously invests in their people, locations, automation processes, and customers.
Significant business details
- 2001: Welland branch moves from 249 Burgar Street to the current location at 36 Darte Drive
- 2010: Gerrie is certified by WBE Canada as a majority women-owned company (Women Business Enterprise) privately owned by Ken, Heather, and Elaine Gerrie
- 2014: Gerrie Electric is named one of Canada’s Best Managed Companies for excellence in business performance
- 2021: Gerrie Electric Wholesale Limited is honoured to be recognized as a Platinum Club winner of Canada’s Best Managed Companies
“There are many great advantages to conducting business in Welland, but the best one is supporting our local businesses and the general public. Welland residents have proven to be very loyal and we appreciate the fact that they shop at Gerrie Electric.”
~ Brenda Quies, branch manager
- Type of Business: Distributor of electrical, automation, and lighting products and services.
- Started in Welland: What began as Economy Electric in 1956 become Gerrie Electric Wholesale Limited in 1999.
- Number of Employees: 11 staff in Welland and more than 400 across the company.
- Energy saving lighting solutions
- Lamp and ballast recycling
- Technical support for lighting layouts, design services, and the rebate process
- Wire cutting cable management
- After hours emergency service